William Morris ward, postcode E17 is a residential area in the London Borough of Waltham Forest. It is close to the main shopping streets and transport hub of Walthamstow and has:
- 12,564 residents in 5,100 households with about 1/3 including children
- A highly diverse black, Asian and minority ethnic population that makes up of 59% of total (above the borough as a whole)
- 2,200 jobs (low for the borough)
- 8.9% of residents available for work claiming Jobseekers Allowance (equal to the borough average)
- 39% of children living in poverty. 25% of pupils are eligible for free school meals.
- Lower crime than the borough average
- Similar health and mortality rates to the borough
For more details, read Waltham Forest Council’s profile of William Morris Ward and the profile and vision that we have written. You can also comment and contribute to this document.